Spring River Cleanup - In Honor of Jack Coughlin
Our spring cleanup is especially important this year. It will be in honor of Jack Coughlin, the unsung hero who was out every day for many years cleaning Agawam on his own. Sadly, Jack was hit by a car in January and is now paralyzed for life. He was at many of our cleanups with his Nifty Nabber, trash he collected on his walk over, and info about legislation to help keep our resources clean. So in honor of Jack we hope to have a great turnout and tons of trash picked up!
* Rain date is Sunday, April 25th!
* Masks & social distancing required!
* Hand sanitizer, gloves and bags will be provided.
* Boots or sturdy shoes and long pants are recommended.
* Light refreshments will be provided, but reusable water bottles are recommended.
* WESTFIELD cleanup - Meet at parking lot across from Westfield School of Music, at end of Meadow St.
* AGAWAM cleanup - Meet at Pynchon Point (take South End Bridge Circle to River Road, towards Six Flags. Across from Catch 1251).
Our watersheds are CRITICAL resources that must be protected and preserved, so we give certain areas along the banks a good cleaning twice a year. Unfortunately, if we don't no one else will! Please join us and unite with fellow river-lovers...it's both fun and rewarding! Kids are welcome too but must be supervised by an adult.
Please try to arrive by 9:00 a.m. for orientation and cleanup site assignments. Wear clothes that you don't mind getting grungy and wet and sturdy boots or shoes (preferably boots).
- For more information, contact Mark Damon for Westfield sites at 413-572-9991 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the Agawam cleanup, contact Sheryl Becker at 413-374-1921 or email email@example.com.