Mendon-Upton Community Clean Up
Earth Day Mendon/Upton Community Clean Up
Our two beautiful communities take pride each year with resident volunteers picking up litter on our streets, parks, and waterways to maintain our beautiful towns. See details below for where to meet and pick up supplies. Don't forget to register via the links below and post a photo of your cleanup to social media using hashtag #MendonUptonCleanup2023!
Kick-Off Event - Sat. 4/23 9am-12:00pm
10 North Ave.
Pick up supplies at:
Custom Home Realty
32 Hastings St., Suite 201
First floor vestibule, adjacent to the Muffin House
- supplies may be picked up anytime 4/15-4/30 if you are unable to attend the kick off event
Visit the Upton Town Hall, 1 Main St. during the times listed below.
Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Friday, 8:00 am to noon
Visit Soul Fuel Café, 1 Church St. Tuesday to Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
April 15 - April 30
Important safety tips:
- Wear rubber latex work or garden gloves and bright colored clothing (including long pants and sleeves) and use safety vest if available.
- Use a trash grabbing tool if possible.
- Clean up in the direction of oncoming traffic and closely supervise children.
- If you find a needle, syringe, or any drug paraphernalia, DO NOT TOUCH. Contact the police with location info.
- Immediately after the cleanup, wash your hands and arms and change your clothes. Also, do a tick check.
- Tick and Mosquito Personal Protection Tips - https://www.mendonma.gov/sites/g/files/vyhlif881/f/uploads/mosquito_and_tick_tips_3.pdf
- Do not pick up trash in poison ivy unless you have a grabbing tool; if you are unfamiliar with what it looks like please see the photos on our website- https://www.mendonma.gov/land-use-committee/pages/annual-town-clean-up-2023
Leave your filled bags on the side of the road at your registered location and the Highway Department / DPW will pick them up.
SCOUTS AND HONOR STUDENTS: Doing the Earth Day cleanup could help toward earning a Scout Ranger badge, to learn more visit BlackstoneGearHeads.org. For honor students, see if the cleanup can serve as community service hours by emailing email@example.com for sign-offs on service hours.
Thank you for helping to keep Mendon & Upton clean and green!