Great Newton Cleanup
Come join with your family, friends, and neighbors to give the city of Newton a clean sweep! This cleanup event offers volunteers the opportunity to get some fresh air while cleaning up the litter that has accumulated in Newton over the summer months. Together, we can keep Newton beautiful!
The Great Newton Cleanup is scheduled for Saturday, September 18 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Volunteers should report to the Newton City Hall at 1000 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton Centre, MA 02459, any time between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on September 18.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to COVID-19, all volunteers are urged to follow these safety guidelines:
• Practice physical distancing and keep 6 feet apart
• Wear rubber-lined gloves, use proper technique when removing gloves, and sanitize hands immediately upon completing your cleanup
• Use a trash grabber tool (Keep Newton Beautiful has tools to lend out)
• Face coverings are now voluntary. However, if you are not vaccinated, please wear a face-covering during the check-in process
• Wear brightly colored clothing, clean up in the direction of oncoming traffic, and avoid stepping into the street whenever possible
Please click the link below to register.
This event is being co-hosted by Keep Massachusetts Beautiful, Pick Up Mass and Keep Newton Beautiful.